There are many of us like you, do not be fooled into thinking you are alone.
Document Library https://fight4veterans.com/document-library/
Addressing Vaccine conversations and issues in the military
First – this interim period, before the advertised deadline of receiving the vaccine, needs to be your information gathering period. You have the right to pursue options to ensure informed consent.
Second – Protect your Private Health Information (PHI). This falls under laws protected under HIPPA, which means your medical personnel cannot share your PHI with anyone not authorized under G-series order OR unit First Sergeant.
– Only 2-3 members of a unit
-Do not be bullied my mid-level leadership telling you to provide your vaccination status. This is PHI they are not allowed access to. Specific training is required for all commanders/1st Sgt’s before they can access this information.
Third – Moving forward, we recommend that any official conversation with leadership be recorded. We also recommend that you advise that you are doing this and if possible, get any correspondence with supervisors or commanders in writing/email.
Someone asks what your vaccination status is…
- Deflect this question with, “why do you ask?”
- (Usually, it is to create a spreadsheet of some kind. This is illegal)
- “Can you confirm that you are authorized to ask this under HIPPA?”
- If they say “yes,” ask for that in writing before you answer.
- Legally, you can say, “I’m not red.” Since the DoD policy deadline hasn’t been reached.
Your commander or 1st Sgt asks you what your vaccination plan is…
(note: these 2 people are almost always authorized to ask this)
- You do not have to provide an immediate answer to this.
- The short answer is to advise leadership that you are working with your Primary Care Manager and/or your Chaplain to figure out the best course of action in pursuing exemptions.
- You can state that you have reached out to your PCM and/or Chaplain for guidance
You are sent an email stating that the vaccination deadline is ___ date. What do you do?
- First, you send an email to your supervisor/chain of command and ask:
- “Sir/Ma’am, can you please confirm if the FDA approved vaccine is available? I appreciate your help.”
- They tell you, the Pfizer vaccine is available
- You say: “Sir/Ma’am, there are two Pfizer vaccines. One is FDA-approved and the other is EUA-authorized. Can you confirm that it is the FDA approved vaccine that is available?”
- They tell you that the two are interchangeable
- You pull up the FDA fact sheet here and show them the footnotes on page 1 and the first bullet on page 9 where it clearly states that Pfizer BioNTech (the EUA version) is not FDA approved. You say: “Sir/Ma’am, in accordance with the DOD memorandum, I am not mandated to receive a non-FDA approved vaccine. Can you confirm that it is the Comirnaty (FDA-approved vaccine) that is available? I appreciate your help”
- They tell you that they consulted with legal and it is mandated regardless of the version.
- You politely ask them to send that order via email so that you can seek legal advice from the Area Defense Council for clarification.
Advise us if you encounter legal, non-judicial punishment, or UCMJ issues of any kind.
Air Force exemptions fall under AFI 48-110
Navy/Marine exemptions fall under BUMEDINST 6230.15B
Army exemptions fall under Army Regulation 40-562
Coast Guard exemptions fall under COMDTINST M6230.4G
Types of exemptions
- Previous infection/Natural Immunity – we see this as the weakest and do not recommend this course initially.
- Medical exemption – if you truly have a condition that compromises your immune system, high blood pressure, history of blood clots, etc., this could be a legitimate and permanent waiver. We recommend consulting with your medical provider. If they don’t seem supportive, request to speak to a more objective provider.
- Religious exemption – while requiring you to discuss with a chaplain to verify, as long as you can show that you have sincerely held belief and can properly document this in religious text, we see this as the most potent defense. A sincerely held belief is one that ONLY you can show evidence of. However, if threatened with a discharge or administrative punishment, would you change your response? This is a test of your resolve and conviction.
a. However, if you chose to pick and choose which vaccines you want, this could weaken your defense. Therefore, we recommend coming at this from an all or nothing position. (Ie. If my exemption is not granted, I will get out.)
b. Most have chosen to come about this position from a Pro-Life perspective citing the fact that most vaccines can be traced back to having been accomplished either directly or indirectly with aborted embryo testing.
Note: do not let the fact that you have already been vaccinated stop you from pursuing this. Our inalienable rights allow us to grow in conviction with age. Many were not aware/informed of the human-rights violation in other vaccines, as you’ve studied COVID over the last year a half, it has made you more aware of the ingredients in vaccines and you feel deep remorse for having unknowingly received similar vaccines in the past. If you feel Alone: Contact Area Defense Council, IG, Chaplain for clarification on anything. If you do not receive support, please email us at Admin@fight4veterans.com